Sunday, September 17, 2006

A pain in the neck

Figuratively and literally!!
I've had to beg to be allowed to update the blog.
I was on the mend - i.e. no longer lying flat on the floor all day; no knitting and no blogging. I was up and about just in time for a heavy week of family visiting from abroad and family get togethers only to relapse yesterday, so I'm back on the floor and no knitting - technically. Big thank you to number one son for keeping the blog afloat. More from him soon. Thank you to everyone who wished me well.

Progress




























The log cabin blanket is coming along nicely. It's too big to carry about now. The only reservation I have is the colour scheme. I'm going to limit the colours to the two purples the light and the dark.





























Baby clothes don't count as knitting do they?
This is a moss stitch cable jacket that I spied here
and just had to make since the yarn was sitting at
home doing nothing.
It's from Debbie Bliss' The baby knits book.















Faye is coming along aswell. I'm up to the armhole shaping. Don't you just love it when you get to that point? Decreasing, there's a psychological thing going on, less stitches means shorter rows, means you somehow knit faster and get the project finished in record time - well that's what it feels like!! Especially when you're working in 4 ply yarn and beads. It's time to go for now, my minders and clock watching.

1 comment:

blog-blethers said...

Hope you are feeling better soon and back to normality and knitting - it must be so frustrating! You have a real gem of a son, blogging and looking after you. I am not brave enough to let my 2 anywhere near my wee blog ... Love your blanket and the colour cheme - but you were onto a winner from the start (purple is my favourite colour)