Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Progress....

...... of sorts. I've given in to temptation and started a new project, even though the agreement I had with myself was to finish Smoulder and the curved edge cardigan before embarking on new projects.

I have sort of finished, they just need sewing up. In both cases I have to be in the mood to attempt such a fete. In the case of Smoulder because of its million trillion ends and the need to match up row for row. As for the pure silk curved edge cardigan, I have the longest border to sew on the outer edge of the whole cardigan. They are in a heap in a corner of the front room. I'm hoping to be in the 'mood' to tackle them so that I can give the curved edge to my mum, and I can wear Smoulder before it's too cold!!

My new WIP is Celtic from Rowan 40.

I've made some heavy modifications so far to make it mine. Hopefully they will work.

I'm also thinking of this for my winter hottie.

I'm having trouble with choosing the right yarn and colour. I seem to be gravitating toward blue this winter. I don't know anything about Briggs and Little Atlantic. I'm going to swatch with Rowan Cocoon, and Louisa Harding Hulda then see how I go. Oh and I've picked out some stash yarn for a pin wheel thingy..,..........

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Celtic looks great, are you able to knit with the hairy yarn?
I keep checking out other yarns to for Sylvi. Some many choices...