Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Mirth

I had almost forgotten about the tank top I started a while back. In all my excitement over blankets and Empire Lines, my other WIPs took a bit of a back seat. Mirth was finished and left with ends all over the place to fester in the corner. You can't blame me since it's extra fine 4ply yarn!!


Pattern Details

Pattern Name: Mirth
Pattern Source: Jaeger Handknits JM04
Yarn: Adriafil Genziana
Needles: 2.5 and 3 mm
Started: October 2007
Finished: January 2008
Comments: Straight forward pattern. Simply sumptuous yarn. Very soft merino wool, lovely to knit with. If I had to do it again I would make the body an inch longer. However, I plan to make this a twin set and am heart broken that my LYS no longer stocks this brand. I may just have enough to make the cardigan, or I can do a contrast on the sleeves or something.

On the UFO's front, I dusted off St. Brigid today. To my shame I had to look in my tin box of a home rather carefully to find her - she'd been laid to rest too well. I actually began to worry because I couldn't find her. So for the moment I am concentrating on Nevis and St. Brigid. I've completed my first 5 Mystery Blanket squares and I'm waiting on some denim ecru to continue the Picnic Blanket. Twilley's of Stamford in their wisdom have discontinued the denim range which left me high and dry (the fact that they did this a while ago is neither here nor there in my reckoning). Karin has very kindly given me some of her stash denim in the dark blue so I'm OK with that colour, but I have no ecru (a lesson for the future). I'm hoping that mixing different makes of denim will be OK. They all say they shrink by a fifth and have the same tension.

No comments: