Sunday, December 13, 2009

Cumbrilliant

Despite the awful weather that has been battering Cumbria, I had a wonderful long weekend there recently. The Lake District is beautiful all year round. We had a wonderful view from the Hotel

When not walking, I worked on Aaren and started Fiddler's Green


I worked on Fiddlers Green on the way home. This was a joy to knit and I couldn't put it down. I was hoping to finish the pieces of Aaren while away, but Fiddlers Green stole my heart.

Details

Pattern name: Fiddlers Green
Pattern source: Little Cakes
Designer: Louisa Harding
Yarn: Thistle
Needles: 4.5mm and 5mm
Started: 6/12/09
Finished: 9/12/09

Comments: OOoooooh, warm, cosy, did I say warm. The yarn is soft and strong, the pattern was well written, clear and easy to follow. The colour I chose is beautifully varigated and changes in the light. As the project began to develop and get longer, I had a lovely pool of warmth laying in my lap. This will definitely be a wardrobe regular this winter. In keeping with the coming festive season, the shade I chose is called Holly!!!

No comments: