I would liked to have shown you a completed Sandia Caped Coat, but alas she gives trouble - well sort of. I didn't use the stated yarn and have doubled up on stash yarn. And have duly run out. My calculations were obviously a little off. As a result I am using creative craftiness to overcome my yarn shortage.
This what is left to complete the collar and the piping around the edges - not a chance!
The collar forms part of the front of the coat so I'm hoping the blended colours won't be too stark a contrast.
This is what was left of one of the cones when I finished the first half of the collar.
Hopefully I can squeeze what I need from the remaining cone.
As this project is coming to an end, I have started 2 new projects,
I managed to convince the young man that Nevis was very manly and he has fallen for the (and I quote) 'Dracula collar'!!
and this.For me - I have (rather stupidly) been scouring the shops for woolen coats and not seen any I really liked or that would be warm enough. I've always shied away from knitting a whole coat because I thought it would take too long... I'll try anything once!