Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Did someone say knitting?

I've been busy
From thisto this
in 3 days. That's the beauty of Rowan Cork on 8mm needles. Shame Rowan have discontinued it - I've discovered its virtues 2 years too late!! The darker colour was not used in the end. I thought I might use it as a contrast, but couldn't figure out where. The pattern has been adapted from Chill (Rowan magazine 32). 6 balls were used.
And from this to this Yarn used was Rowan All Seasons Cotton - 5 balls. This yarn is growing on me. The main part was knitted on 5mm needles. This felt a little bit loose - although I knitted to stated tension. In future, I will knit on 4.5 or 4mm needles for a tighter tension or denser fabric. It's amazing what you can put your mind to when you tell a little white lie and have to put your money where you big mouth is!! Son number one now has a full trousseau of knitted garments - the last 2 knitted in 4 days flat!! Oh well, back to Crinkle.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you did. What about the knitted napkin? Are you going to tell us the reason for all this frantic knitting?