Sunday, March 26, 2006

New beginnings on Mother's Day

Welcome to my new blog.
After much deliberation and procrastination I have decided now is a good time to start my knitting and living blog. I have been convinced its a good way for overseas relatives to keep up to date with happenings this side of the world and I get to show case my knitting projects, including the good, the bad and the well ugly. I hope those of you who share my world will enjoy it. Thanks to Karin for her encouragement.

Happy Mother's Day
It is only fitting for me to start by paying tribute to my mum, who has a very special place in my heart (and many others). I have been the typical thankless daughter, who over the years has come to realise (nearly) everything her mother did, said and taught her has been done with love and my best interests at heart. She is my inspiration, my best friend, my best critic and above all my buffer against a (sometimes) cruel world. I started my adult life with a mantra of "I hope I don't turn out to be like my mum", now I could'nt be more honoured to have anounce of her wisdom and sense. Happy Mother's Day mum!! I would also like to wish everyone else a happy Mother's Day too.

When I figure out pictures and other other bits and peices, I will be everflowing with witty text and knitting chatter.

No comments: